Treatment time: 30- 60mins
One of the most well-known techniques, Swedish massage uses the hands to manipulate the soft tissues of the body, especially the muscles. Various techniques are used to manipulate tissues for both local and overall effects and benefits. Movements range from gentle stroking to invigorating friction depending on the desired effect. Swedish massage is a safe, non-threatening, non-invasive and natural therapy. It has an immediate local and physiological effect on the part of the body being worked and it also affects the whole body through stimulation and relaxation of the nerves. It has physiological and psychological benefits and can affect all of the body systems in a positive way.
- It improves skin tone by removing dead cells and improving circulation.
- It encourages better circulation.
- Encourages deeper and therefore more relaxed breathing.
- It encourages better lymph drainage and reduces swelling.
- Speeds up digestion and waste removal.
- It relieves stiff and sore joints.
- It improves muscle suppleness.
- It aids relaxation and encourages a general sense of well being.
- It relaxes the mind, thereby reducing anxiety and its effects, i.e. depression and insomnia.
- It increases energy by invigorating all body systems and reducing fatigue.